Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Wings – they are one of the most popular appetizers in America – especially during football season. And with the Super Bowl 2017 right around the corner, I am pretty sure they will be a a hot commodity in homes, bars and restaurants everywhere this weekend.
I love the flavor of hot wings – there is something about them that is so addicting. I’m not sure if it’s the hot tanginess of the hot sauce mixed with the cool and blue cheese creamy dip or what – but they have always been a favorite of mine!
This week, in our 16 Week Transformation Program, we are coming up with a list of healthy apps to have during the Super Bowl – and don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of healthy ways to make wings – but it’s so much fun to try new recipes, especially when they include vegetables, so these are going on our snack list for sure.
1 medium to large head of cauliflower, cut into florets (6 – 8 cups)
1/2 cup of Hot hot sauce (we use Frank’s)
2 tablespoons butter
a pinch of salt
a pinch of pepper
- Preheat your oven to 450 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. If you don’t have parchment paper, you can spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan with the hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Once the hot sauce mixture is combined, pour over the cauliflower florets in a large bowl, and then mix until all of the cauliflower is coated.
- Pour all of the coated cauliflower, plus any remaining mixture, onto the baking sheet and put in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the cauliflower starts to crisp.
- Serve with a healthy blue cheese or ranch dip.
Stayed tuned for a few more healthy app recipes to go along with the big game this weekend!